Accelerate Green: The accelerator programme for business
Bord na Móna has proudly partnered with Resolve Partners to develop Accelerate Green an accelerator programme for businesses delivering innovative products and services in the sustainable climate solutions space.
With our planet in the midst of a climate crisis, Ireland is working towards a climate-neutral economy by 2050, and Bord na Móna is committed to supporting the achievement of this ambitious, but crucial goal.
To help encourage sustainable innovation, supporting green businesses is a key focus for Bord na Móna and the continued growth of the Accelerate Green programme is a priority for the business.
Over the next three years, Bord na Móna is aiming to invest €5 million in the further rollout of this initiative.
Accelerate Green is dedicated to supporting companies interested in scaling or developing products and services based on green innovation. The programme helps business leaders identify clear pathways to scale their innovative solutions, deliver measurable impact, and support economic development.
This was the second year of the Accelerate Green programme, which consisted of eight modules across the first six months of the year. During this time, the eight participating companies involved gained access to further knowledge of green innovation through collaboration with others in their field, training, mentoring and exposure to a breadth of commercial expertise and promotion.
Over the course of the programme, the companies are brought through a series of in-depth learning and mentoring sessions and engage with a broad array of speakers from enterprise and energy agencies, Irish corporates, research networks, investors, and successful business leaders. The programme is delivered in person at a new training and innovation hub established on Bord na Móna’s premises in Boora Co. Offaly.
Sharon Doyle, Head of Corporate Affairs at Bord na Móna: “Supporting green innovators through Accelerate Green is a top priority for us at Bord na Móna. We are currently on a path to continue expanding our renewable energy solutions to support Ireland’s sustainable energy requirements by 2030, with a longer-term goal of supporting our national ambition of achieving net zero emissions by 2050. These goals cannot be reached without the growth and support of energy-conscious and environmentally sustainable companies, and the Accelerate Green participants are leading the way in this field. We look forward to seeing what is in store for them as they move on from the programe and continue their individual growth journeys.”
Accelerate Green: Ireland’s Sustainable 2023 event
The programme culminates next Thursday, 1 June at Bord na Móna’s 2023 Accelerate Green conference where the eight participants will have the opportunity to present themselves to more than 300 delegates comprising of potential customers, investors and industry leaders.
Companies taking part this year are:
• NanobOx are developing novel water technology that provides an energy-efficient way of oxygenating water for chemical-free cleaning and sanitisation with nanobubbles.
• Hibra Design is an automotive design engineering company that designs sustainable renewable alternatives to diesel powertrains in off-road and specialty vehicles.
• HUB360 is a software platform that optimises logistics with a particular focus on reducing carbon emissions.
• HaPPE Earth is championing sustainability and the circular economy by aiming to bring together medical-grade functional compostables with SDG measurement for healthcare, a compostable medical waste solution and other pipeline products.
• Superfy delivers sustainable smart resource management solutions through technology, empowering enterprises and connecting cities.
• NEG8 Carbon is a spin-off from Trinity College Dublin specialising in the capture of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. The company aims to be the leading inventor and integrator of sustainable and affordable technologies for the capture of carbon dioxide using renewable energy.
• EC Charging is a well-established Irish manufacturer of end-to-end Electric Vehicle charging equipment.
• CW Applied offers design, manufacturing and distribution services to facilitate successful electronic and IoT-enabled innovation. As well as electronic product design, CW Applied is also re-imagining electronic manufacturing to satisfy the demands of an evolving market.
For more information about Bord na Móna’s upcoming conference Ireland’s Sustainable Future 2023 visit: Accelerate Green: Ireland’s Sustainable Future 2023
The Accelerate Green Programme is being spearheaded by Bord na Móna, supported by Peatlands & People (Erinn Innovation) and delivered by Resolve Partners. This work is supported with partial funding through the Bord na Móna led European Commission funded LIFE Integrated Project ‘Peatlands and People’ an initiative that aims to support the realisation of a carbon-neutral, climate resistant and environmentally sustainable country.