– Chickpeas (quantity of desired choice – I used 1 tin enough for 2 meals)
– Indian spices: chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, mixed curry powder.
- Heat up a medium sized wok or sauce pan and add oil.
- Finely chop, or blend a few garlic cloves and a small piece of ginger ready to add to the heated oil.
- Chop up 2 large onions ready to add to the garlic & ginger mix once they turn golden brown.
- Season with salt and stir.
- Add water and keep a medium flame.
- In the meantime prep your chickpeas by washing, draining and removing the skin.
- Once the onions have caramelised into a nice brown sauce, you may add the desired spices. You may also add fresh chilli for a spicy kick, and bay leaves & a small piece of cinnamon for an additional aromatic flavour.
- Add some more water and leave to sizzle.
- Once you are happy with the texture and flavour of the sauce, you may add in the chickpeas.
- Leave to cook for approx 7-8 mins, and garnish with coriander.
You may also add in vegetables of your choice such as potatoes, peppers, or Indian cheese – paneer.
If you’d like to share you food & home cooking ideas with us, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org